The House Crow Omnivorous, an abundant bird which originates from Asia. A intelligent and quite aggressive bird. Abundant in crime ridden townships. Forages on the ground, roosts communally in trees.
- Urban / Dense human settlements.
- Nests in fork of tree, on buildings or telephone poles.
- Clutch: 3-6 eggs
- Bacterial diseases like cholera caused by ectoparasites.
- Uric acids in feaces are highly corrosive:
- Feaces cause damage to waterproofing of roofs causing leaks; feaces damage paint work of automobiles with regular/long contact; feces also damage air conditioning units and solar panels.
- Degrading the aesthetics of potentially neat and beautiful buildings.
- May cause a health risk when HACP standards are not met by food processing companies as a result of birds entering factories and warehouses: bird droppings damage and infest raw materials, products in process and finished goods.
- Very intelligent – well known thieves of various items.